Friday, April 4, 2008

The Loschen Family Update



Olivia - Olivia is 7 (almost 8) months old now. She has two little teeth in the bottom of her mouth that are not very useful yet as she mostly eats mushy foods. We keep encouraging her that all that hard work she went through to get them will pay off someday when she can chew on a big fat cheeseburger! Although she is still learning to crawl, Liv has become more mobile. She's mastered the gear of reverse, but still struggles to push forward and go. This can be a bit frustrating, but if what she wants is behind her, she's good to go! Olivia is so joyful and bursts with laughter at her sister's playfulness. Her current favorite things are remotes, her socks, mirrors, Lola's ponytail, green beans and squash!



Lola - How do I explain? Well, Lola is two. She has an amazing personality and keeps us laughing regularly. People often comment on how well she talks for her age. Our simple response is that she practices frequently! Lola now wears underwear during the day and has very few accidents (if any) throughout the week. We still struggle to find underwear that fit her petite body and to get her from telling people "good job" when they come out of the restroom, but we're proud of her anyway! Lola is a true "Daddy's Girl" and still squeals with delight every time he walks into a room. Many times, Kasey and I are humbled by her tender heart and extreme desire to learn more about Jesus. Her current favorite things are books, puzzles, dirt, singing, nightgowns, stick-on earrings and gum.

From the mouths of children and babies I'll furnish a place of praise. Matthew 21:16 (MSG)




Kasey - Our fearless leader continues to stay busy with farm business. In his free time he is currently working on restoring his '29 Model-A Coupe in hopes to have it finished for Cruise Night in July. He is also getting a mild case of "spring fever" as has become antsy about doing projects around the house. His most recent plans are to get the fence put up in the yard and he just brought home supplies to build me a clothesline. I've got to say, I've got it pretty great around here! Kasey's favorite things are cars, hunting, grilled burgers and his girls!

I continue to stay busy with family and school. Although, I am rejoicing as I have recently sought out the opportunity to work only part-time next year! We have been praying about this move for some time now and the details could not have played out more perfectly. What a blessing! God is really in control. I'm looking forward to spending more time at home with the girls next year and, although, there are sacrifices that must be made, we are at complete peace with what God has planned for our family.


1 comment:

The Rouse House said...

What a great post! Liv is getting so big and she looks so bubbly! Lola makes me giggle, I can just imagine her congratulating people in the restroom at a Target (don't know why but that's what popped into my mind as I read that)! I got goosebumps as I read your paragraph, God has a way of going above and beyond to give us the desire of our hearts. How exciting for you guys!! Much love from the Rouses!